Our women's ministry—WOW (Women of the Word)—is a sisterhood of women who are committed to being energized, encouraged, and excited about what it means to be a woman of God. WOW offers numerous opportunities to grow and learn together and to make a significant difference in the lives of other women.
To train women to value lives of prayer and care; to be loving and encouraging in our homes, workplaces, communities, and relationships. (Titus 2:3–5)
To inspire sensitivity and compassion towards the needs of others around us in our everyday lives. (Psalm 86:15)
To share the love and grace of Jesus, who has first shown great forgiveness to us regardless of our backgrounds. (James 3:17)
To teach women the spiritual strength found in Christ to overcome the challenges we face. (2 Corinthians 10:3–6)
Those who pledge $10 in monthly support to WOW will receive a free t-shirt or personal tote. Your giving helps support many endeavors including:
- Funeral dinners
- Wedding and baby gift cards
- Birthright of Greenville in honor of the sanctity of life.
- Missions: Mike & Malen in the Philippines and Set Free To Be ministry
- Oct 5th at 7pm - WOW Lock-In! We will spend the night here on campus. Bring air mattress and/or sleeping bag. Also bring your Bible, notebook and a finger food. Sassy Strokes Painting Class on Friday night! Cost is $20 per person and you must prepay and sign up. You can pay online or at the ministry spotlight table in the lobby. (Child care available for painting class only). We will have a time of prayer, cooking with Lin Harris, and fashion tips from Melisa Leonhardt! Saturday morning there will be breakfast and a devotion.
- Nov 4th at 5pm - WOW Service in the Office Cafe. More details available soon!
- Dec 2nd at 5pm - WOW Christmas Dinner and a Show! More details available soon!